Saturday, April 6, 2013

Beauty Chat: Spring Polishes

 Welcome back Beauties!

It's finally Spring Time and you know what that means... new nail polish colors! From the beautiful pinks to the mint pastels, there is a color for every girl to rock.

Recently I have been loving the brand Essie. Essie retails for $8 in stores. I knew about the brand prior, but never owned any polishes from the brand, simply because I have been an OPI girl for a long time; well that's all about to change! With the price increase for OPI going up to $9.50 a bottle (yes, you read that correctly), I had to put a halt to my obsession. OPI has a gorgeous range of crazy named colors, but there is one thing I have noticed more and more with each new polish I bought from the line: the colors are chipping way too easy now.

Getting back on topic, I was in a Walgreens about three months ago when I noticed two Essie nail polishes sitting in the clearance section for $4. Now since they go for $8 a bottle normally, this was a steal in my opinion, and if they didn't live up to my standards I at least was able to purchase two for the price of one. Low and behold, Essie is my absolute go to brand now! The colors apply to my nails so well needing two coats at most, and the best part... the color doesn't chip after a few days.

I guess the saying, "Out with the old, in with the new" is true for this beauty blogger!

Chit Chat: I want to know what your favorite brand of nail polish is! Where do you normally shop for it and what's the average amount of money you're willing to spend? Share your beauty information in the comment section below!

Disclaimer: The products listed above that are bolded will redirect you the Essie, OPI, and Walgreens website.

4 comments:

  1. I have always switched around my nail polish preferences as well, but like you I have always recently taken a liking towards Essie. I love their pastel colors and I am currently obsessed with the pastel purple color and have been wearing it for the past month now. I usually get my nail polishes at Target, especially if I am going to buy Essie brand because they have a decent selection there. I would say that Essie is the top nail polish brand right now, as it has the perfect colors for this spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Essie colors but when it comes down to it, I can never bring myself to spend $8 on one bottle of nail polish. Thanks for the tip, I'm definitely going to start looking at Walgreens for clearance colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I completely agree with you! I think my obsession with Essie may have started last year. Essie has the best spring colors and always turn out GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this great article.
    Superficial thrombophlebitis is an incendiary state of the veins because of a blood clot just underneath the outside of the skin.
    If you get quickly relief in any skin problems buy this medicines-Retino AC Gel

    ReplyDelete